Life & Song

We love every culture and art. Their existence is valuable as well as being ourselves.

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Missing My Father

Since I came here last year, when I taste delicious food or meet a beautiful sight, I have longed for my parents to be beside me, especially last Thursday when it was my father’s birthday. I miss my father very much.

My father has made his today through his own efforts because my grandparents passed away when he was very young. Whenever I see the rough burn marks on his neck, arms and legs, I remember how hard his life was.

He is a man of few words, but he is considerate and loves me and my brothers so much that he gives us almost everything we want. He has always respected my decision and if he thought I was going the wrong way, he would say to me, “Whose child are you?” to make me reflect on myself.

He also used to bring us when he helped others. Maybe he wanted his children to experience the pleasure of giving a helping hand and to become altruists.

In the last few years, my father’s hair has become grayer and his face has wrinkled so much that some people fail to recognize him. Yet, he still works over 12 hours everyday in his pharmacy. Now I wish that he will retire honorably and live the rest of his life comfortably. I’ll try to realize that wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home