Life & Song

We love every culture and art. Their existence is valuable as well as being ourselves.

Saturday, May 08, 2004

Missing My Mother

8th May is “The day for parents” in Korea. The children thank parents who have born and brought them up. They give the parents many gifts and dine out with their parents.

I telephoned to my mother in the morning. She was happy to get my call. And she wanted to meet with us quickly. I hope so as soon as possible.

My mother gave birth to me when she was forty years old. Because of an aftereffect, she was sick for a long time.

After I graduated from high school, I hoped to go to the university. But my father didn’t want to send me to the university. He had a traditional mind. He thought that woman didn’t need to go to the university.

But my mother cheered me up and she persuaded my father.

“Woman also has to study. Please, change your mind.”

Finally, my father agreed with my mother’s opinion.

My father passed away two years ago and my mother lives alone now. Therefore, I am very sad.

In August, I will invite her and my elder brother’s family to Penang. She has not been abroad yet. Tonight, I would like to meet them in a dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home