Life & Song

We love every culture and art. Their existence is valuable as well as being ourselves.

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Father, Are You Comfortable in the Sky?

I sometimes met my lovely father in dream. I could look at his bright smile. It seemed to be real but he passed away 2 years ago in winter. I can’t forget the day of his death because his face awfully was full of peace as the poet wrote he came to picnic in this world and then he seemed to go to other world.

He was healthy although he was old so he always walked everywhere. However, he fell over a stone in front of the bank where he dropped to deposit. My elder brother took him right away to hospital but in vain. The doctor told our family to prepare his death.

It was a fatal accident so he couldn’t go to toilet by himself and never eat food any more so he lost his energy gradually. He only could drink some spoons of water. He couldn’t sleep at night so our family took care of him by turns. Especially, my elder brother and his wife were hard to take care of him. My elder brother is the only son so my father likes him very much. My father always called his son so my elder brother couldn’t sleep enough.

After one month passed since he was wounded. One day he suddenly left a few last words to my mother in the afternoon. He wanted her to live for a long time then my mother was crying in front of him. Finally that night, our family and many relatives were present at his deathbed. Our family was crying loudly but his face was peaceful at the hour of death.

After one week, suddenly one small yellow butterfly entered in his room in the morning although it was bitter cold in winter. It was impossible so my mother believed that my father became the butterfly and his soul came. He liked to travel everywhere so his soul could travel.
He always worked hard to grow and educate his many children and taught us to be independent people so I respect him forever. Even though he wasn’t this world he never dies in my heart. He sometimes came to me in my dream.

“Father, are you comfortable in the sky?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home