Life & Song

We love every culture and art. Their existence is valuable as well as being ourselves.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

So Hot Summer 10 Years Ago

According to people in my country, this summer is as hot as 10 years ago. 10 years ago, in 1994 what was I doing? I remember the year, the hot summer and the happiest days in my life.

At that time, I was a member of a young music group. We met every evening to sing our songs. Even though we were poor and not popular, it was no problem for us. We were really crazy about music and we enjoyed our life. In addition, we were in our twenties amd not worried about our future!

Since we got the 1st prize in a song competition in 1992, our pride and teamwork became stronger. In May 1994, I composed some songs for our street concert. After the concert, some people gave us good appreciative criticism and other people asked us whether we could make a CD for them to listen to our songs beyond the concert. Thus we were challenged to make our first album.

We chose the songs to put in the album, rearranged and composed a few new songs. When I went to arrange the contract in a recording studio, the engineer said to me, “It is so hot! Nowadays nobody wants to record. Will you be O.K.?” I answered confidently, “Sure!” Then we realized for the first time that the summer was really hot.

After we prepared for 3 months, sometimes confused whether it was day or night, we received the parcel full of our albums. That night, I couldn’t sleep.


Since that day, whenever my songs were remade by other singers, they invited me to their concerts. Nowadays, people ask me what songs I am composing and I answer, “I’m thinking.”

Yes! I’m thinking and I will be back with my new music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home